Lev Manovich at the Santa Monica Museum

lev Manovich is speaking in a panel on the "Architecture of Display" as part of the museums "Dark Places" show. I'll be going there so if you want to carpool let me know!
"From January 21 to April 22, 2006, Santa Monica Museum of Art presents Dark Places, guest curated by Joshua Decter, with a pioneering installation design by the architectural collective servo. Traces—phantom memories—often inscribe narratives that warp our perception of historical places and events. Dark Places explores the subtle interconnections between memory and social space, and the possibility that traces of events are scripted into the fabric of our physical and psychological environment. Uniquely formatted and designed, this large-scale group exhibition brings together a diversity of artistic visions to reconsider how we navigate urban, suburban, and other kinds of territories on bodily, perceptual, political, psychological, and ideological levels."

1 Comments:
When you head over there, let me know. I'd be up for it. I also want to see the Ashes and Snow Exhibit, even if I'm not sure about it yet. I like the idea of the huge outdoor gallery made by transport containers.
Post a Comment
<< Home