Saturday, July 01, 2006

Some Films I've Been Watching

I've been a lucky film watcher lately, well at least luckier than some of the teams I was rooting for at the World Cup.

The Man Without a Past: An Icelandic film about a man who loses his memory after being beat-up. He finds a new identity and love. Wonderful.

Days of Being Wild: I am now completely convinced Wong Kar-Wai is a contemporary visionary and film genious. I was completely won over by this brilliant study of complicated love and Oedipal issues.

American Astronaut: Probably one of the strangest film I have seen. A cowboy western, sci-fi, musical, surrealist film. Wow. Seems to revolve around issues of a father-son relationship through Freudian influenced ideas. But maybe that's just me. If for no other reason check out the restroom showdown scene. You wont miss it.

13 Conversations About One Thing
: Maybe the the philosophizing will seem to simplistic to some of you intellectuals but it seems I need to relearn simple lessons in life.

Old Joy: This showed at the LA Film Fest this year. It's a beatifully acted male friendship story that takes place during a Pacific Northwest road trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get Camino!